Public Health Order extended - April 3
On March 30, the County of Orange announced that the county Public Health Order, originally set to expire on March 31, 2020, is superseded by the state’s executive order until further notice.
With much uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 crisis, the city of Fountain Valley has extended the closure of City facilities to the public through the end of April and anticipate reopening on May 1, 2020. City services are available online, and via telephone and email.
With the March 30 announcement, the City will also extend the suspension of street sweeping enforcement from March 31 through the end of April. Street sweeping operations will continue with its regular schedule. For more information, visit fountainvalley.org/194/Trash-Collection-Street-Sweeping-Schedul.
Trash services remain the same except bulk items pick up has been temporarily suspended. Water is safe to drink in Fountain Valley.
Residents are required to continue to stay at home except for essential needs and should practice social distancing as directed by the Governor and the State’s Public Health Officer. State of California Executive Order can be found at covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/.
Businesses to be closed are:
• Dine-in restaurants
• Bars and nightclubs
• Entertainment venues
• Gyms and fitness studios
• Public events and gatherings
• Convention centers
• Hair and nail salons
As a reminder, City Hall and all City facilities are closed to the public through April 30, 2020. However, city operations will continue with available staff. City staff will continue to provide services by phone, email and through the web. To view press releases for Fountain Valley and the Orange County Health Care Agency, go to fountainvalley.org, COVID-19 Information Fountain Valley, or ochealthinfo.com.
Questions? Who should you call?
• For questions about general city services, call (714) 593-4400 during regular business hours or visit fountainvalley.org.
• Fountain Valley Police Department will maintain essential public safety services and residents are asked to contact the Police Department by phone at (714) 593-4485 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For general information about COVID-19, call the OC Health Care Agency’s (HCA) Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448, visit ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus, or follow the HCA on Facebook (@ochealthinfo) and Twitter (@ochealth).
• For inquiries related to COVID-19 and resources in OC, call the toll-free hotline at (833) 426-6411.
• For business resources, call the Economic & Business Recovery Call Center at (714) 480-6500.
• For questions on the OC Health Orders, please contact the County of Orange Public Information Hotline at (714) 628-7085.
• Do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency.
The city of Fountain Valley will continue to provide city services via telephone, email, and through the web. The situation is fluid and information provided in this statement is subject to change.